The team successfully reached Zyryanka. In this part of our diary we will tell you about the past couple of days before the expedition arrived to the village.
- In the first part of the day we passed thirty two kilometers. The road is really good. The forest is very beautiful. Larches are growing. On the right hand side the Cherskogo Range’s peaks can still be seen, and on the left there is the Momsk Range.
- We had lunch on the River Kyngyrayakh. To be honest I am now used to these complicated geographic names and can pronounce them easily. We again see on the map the ice field but cant find it. Maybe the summer was too hot and it melted or something else has changed in the nature here.
- As we went back on the road we finally found an adventure after quite monotonous previous driver. In a deep stream with steep shores two ATVs had troubles. Not to break the transmission and endanger the team we used the mutual aid and helped each other with cross ties towing. We are a team after all!
- Just before Sasyr settlement our caravan turned to the East. Here on the river Taryn-Uryakh we will go up to the notch across the Momsk Range. The mountains again surrounded us and the valley narrowed down. New adventures await.
- We entered the very heart of the Momsk Range, if I can say that. Before lunch we got to the notch where we made a short pit stop to take photos.
- I would like to describe the surroundings. The Momsk Range, as expected, is unlike the other two. I think there are no two similar mountain ranges. The range itself seems to be older because there are no sharp edges and steep sides. Everything seems to be smooth. The slopes are covered with vegetation, larches, pines or moss. The moss is light reindeer so it doesn’t look as dramatic as some other mountains were. There is also another specialty of the Momsk Range. Despite the high peaks, some of which are at a thousand two hundred meters, here the height isn’t felt so much because the gaps between the mountains are filled. If you look at the neighboring peaks the difference is not more than two- three hundred, and somehow you don’t feel that you are one thousand two hundred meters above the sea level. This is how without any fight we got to the notch.
- After the notch there is a watershed and a new river flows along with us to the valley towards the river Zyryanka.
- The weather is changing. For a few nights we had temperatures below zero. Ice appeared at the paddles, streams and river shores. Its thickness is one and half – two centimeters, and at the notch it was up to five. In the evening it started snowing. At first a little, then more and more. The snowflakes are small, without large flakes. Everything around has gone white.
The organizers and participants of the expedition thank their partners and sponsors:
The company Ravenol, the main technical partner
Iridium Russia, thanks to them the team will always be connected. The equipment for the data transfer was made available by the companies “Satellite mobile technologies” and “Iridium 360”
Product sponsor for the expedition – the company X5 Retail Group, managing brands “Pyaterochka”, ‘Perekrestok” and “Karusel” for the support of the idea of moving to the east
Technical partner Paptor U-Pol
Garmin Russia – for the navigation and action cameras Garmin Virb
Webasto – technical partner and sponsor of the expedition
Company “Dinakor – strength technologies” and brand Kubota
Company DJI alongside the 4vision.ru – the provider of quadcopters for the video shooting from the air
4×4 Club and brand Warn
Zinc – navigation programs for all terrain and expeditions. It helps us stay the course!
“Medical technologies of survival” for the organization of the medical part of the expedition and the expedition’s medical kits
KB “Radar”, transport company “Promit” for the help in transportation of the cargo to the East
Transport company “Promit” for help with package deliveries
Informational partners of the expedition:
National Geographic Russia, Popular mechanic, Men’s Health, strana.ru, vesti.ru, Russia.travel.ru