First part of “To the East” expedition has finished. Behind there are thousands of kilometers of our immense motherland. Vladimir Nilolaev has written his final report about the adventures of our team.
- 22 October we drove 99 kilometers. We planned to come to Coal mines by the evening, but in fact we came in the middle of the day. While we were deciding how to cross the river the afternoon was changed by the evening. For that reason we decided to cross it the next day. The weather isn’t great to be honest. Very strong wind. Tomorrow it is likely to be stormy.
- 23 October. Yesterday in the evening we decided to cross the river on a ferry. Estuary is very wide with really fast stream and there is a danger of floating into the sea. We were lucky and got on the last ferryboat. There is already a lot of ice up to 15 cm in the estuary and the ferryboat isn’t of the ice breaking type. Tomorrow it will be transported to the shore and the connection between the towns will only be done by a helicopter until the ice sets. We first parked three small ATVs and then the large one.
- In Anadyr we were greeted by a crowd of people who have been following our expedition from the beginning. We made acquaintance with the main engineer of ChukotSnab, Roman. He kindly offered us his warm garage and that is where our ATVs are parked now. We are staying in “Chukotka” hotel. We have already showered, had dinner and went to bed. We are really tired.
- 24 October in the morning we went to our ATVs which have become so well familiar in the past six months. The first part of the large all terrain expedition “To the East!” has come to an end in Anadyr and it is time for us to go home. Our relatives and friends await us. In this time we have come to miss them so much and slightly became wild.
- I want to say that for each one of us it was the biggest (hopefully not the last) adventure in our lives. We crossed the entire country along the northern Polar circle. We saw many towns, villages, met their citizens, saw how people live there. We managed to see the amazing beauty of Plutorana Plateau and crossed the Verhoyanskiy, Cherskiy and Momskiy Ridges. The beauty of these places will forever stay in our hearts.
- I want to thanks all our sponsors and those who followed our expedition for the past 6 months, those who saw our pictures, saw our video reports, read our diaries. I am grateful to those who met us in the towns and villages, helped us with the accommodation and parking for our ATVs. Huge thanks to Sherp company who so kindly lent us the ATVs. All this route could only be done on ATVS. An enormous gratitude to our expedition director Anna Medvedeva, she was connected with us 24 /7 and resolved all issues and organizational tasks brilliantly. The expedition is taking a break but the news don’t end here.
The expedition “to the East” is continuing…
The organizers and participants of the expedition thank their partners and sponsors:
The company Ravenol, the main technical partner
Iridium Russia, thanks to them the team will always be connected. The equipment for the data transfer was made available by the companies “Satellite mobile technologies” and “Iridium 360”
Product sponsor for the expedition – the company X5 Retail Group, managing brands “Pyaterochka”, ‘Perekrestok” and “Karusel” for the support of the idea of moving to the east
Technical partner Paptor U-Pol
Garmin Russia – for the navigation and action cameras Garmin Virb
Webasto – technical partner and sponsor of the expedition
Company “Dinakor – strength technologies” and brand Kubota
Company DJI alongside the 4vision.ru – the provider of quadcopters for the video shooting from the air
4×4 Club and brand Warn
Zinc – navigation programs for all terrain and expeditions. It helps us stay the course!
“Medical technologies of survival” for the organization of the medical part of the expedition and the expedition’s medical kits
KB “Radar”, transport company “Promit” for the help in transportation of the cargo to the East
Transport company “Promit” for help with package deliveries
Informational partners of the expedition:
National Geographic Russia, Popular mechanic, Men’s Health, strana.ru, vesti.ru, Russia.travel.ru