There is nothing more important than life and health of a human being, even in such expedition as ours. Today we will talk about our safety.
- OK, we open and see the contents – acetylsalicylic acid, bandages, plasters, hydrogen peroxide etc… No it is not a pharmacy, it is first aid kit. Or if I am more specific, it is In-Route carried small first aid kit. We have such in every ATV. It has over fourty positions of different medicines, bandages and other necessary materials. This is exactly what you would need in case of emergency. The first aid kit is packaged in a strong large package-bag, where everything is arranged accordingly: pills with pills, bandages, creams and drops with their own kind too. It also contains an instruction where everything inside is listed. We also have large first aid kits.
- Where have we got it all? Let’s first look at our ATV’s sides. Amongst the partners names of our Big ATV expedition “To the East!” we can see a small sticker saying “Medical Technologies of Saving”. This logo and sign OOO “Medical technologies of saving” have kindly given us these kits for our expedition.
- We should say that such a valued sponsored help has already come in use. Anything can happen in such a big expedition, from small cuts to malaises and other things. The first aid kit is always at hand, that is why help is always instant – a bandage, chlorhexidine, plaster – and your leg is as good as new. Or for example you’ve got stomach ache or a head-ache, and here you go – take a pill and off you go. So we have got all that is needed to offer first aid. We are really greatful for that to OOO “Medical technologies of saving”.
- To use this kits more efficiently we had to get some knowledge firtst. It is also importat not to panic in the critical situation, in order not to hurt someone more, to be able to offer first help until the doctors arrive. All that knowledge we obtained in an educational centre “First Aid” in St Petersburg. A few of expedition members got the necessary knowledge of the first aid. In additional special courses for those who are about to go into the remote regions, which are also taught in the centre, we obtained the qualification of a journey doctor, who is ready to perform all necessary procedures to help the patient.
- We are no doctors here. It was considered that the participants are healthy and ready to go towards the end of the route nicely. For that reason we haven’t got a real doctor amongst us. It is a pity, because we can only help each other with first aid, but we can’t cure. To cure you need to have proper diagnostic and the right combination of medicines. In order for us not to find ourselves in a hopeless situation, we have got a connection with real doctor Konstantin Alekseev on the main land. He is ready to help us with advice and recommendations any time of day or night. He has already given us his most valued help and with him around we feel much more secure about our future. The connection, by the way, has been given to us by Iridium and SMT company allowing us to make phone calls from any place on Earth.
The organizers and participants of the expedition thank their partners and sponsors:
The company Ravenol, the main technical partner
Iridium Russia, thanks to them the team will always be connected. The equipment for the data transfer was made available by the companies “Satellite mobile technologies” and “Iridium 360”
Product sponsor for the expedition – the company X5 Retail Group, managing brands “Pyaterochka”, ‘Perekrestok” and “Karusel” for the support of the idea of moving to the east
Technical partner Paptor U-Pol
Garmin Russia – for the navigation and action cameras Garmin Virb
Webasto – technical partner and sponsor of the expedition
Company “Dinakor – strength technologies” and brand Kubota
Company DJI alongside the 4vision.ru – the provider of quadcopters for the video shooting from the air
4×4 Club and brand Warn
Zinc – navigation programs for all terrain and expeditions. It helps us stay the course!
“Medical technologies of survival” for the organization of the medical part of the expedition and the expedition’s medical kits
KB “Radar”, transport company “Promit” for the help in transportation of the cargo to the East
Transport company “Promit” for help with package deliveries
Informational partners of the expedition:
National Geographic Russia, Popular mechanic, Men’s Health, strana.ru, vesti.ru, Russia.travel.ru