Mosquitoes are attacking in all directions, and finally hot July summer is letting us know about its presence. The expedition is moving to the East passing kilometers and kilometers of old winter roads and swamps with the pneumatic wheels of our ATVs Sherp. Early in the morning we have piled up another report for you about the adventures of our expedition.
- Midsummer. The weather is finally woke up and it is really hot outside. The thermometer is showing twenty four degrees. The forecast is promising us bright sky for the week ahead, and what is next – we will see later. Maybe the summer will end, or the mosquitoes will disappear.
- About mosquitoes. There are more and more of them for the happiness of the birds, who fly on top of water surface and stuff themselves with these nutritious insects. Exactly on mosquitoes and flies this world stands. Everyone here eats them: fish and birds. Those who don’t eat mosquitoes, eat those who eat mosquitoes. For that reason we need to endure and not curse this piping flying link in the food circle.
- Today we passed eighty kilometers. This is some hell of a mileage! – some will say. Yes, certainly. While there are putikas (narrow winter roads for snowmobiles), that means we have a direction for our movement. And that makes the choice of trajectories much easier. That is why we try to pass a lot. Sometimes snowmobile roads pass lakes across, that is where we have to go round on the shoreline. Sometimes the road becomes a swampy hole. That is when Sherp’s qualities turn on – the Kubota engine roars, the chains are strained like ropes, the wheels keep moving. A mix of off-road, trophy and something like.
- Towards the evening we reached the joining point of the two rivers Kotuy and Moyera. On Kotuya we have been before, somewhere up the stream. From that place the river has made a big turn and now appeared in front of us again. It is carrying its waters to the North.
- We did a fishing attempt. But it was unsuccessful. The water is muddy and the level is high. It seems like a habbit that we have, to go after the leaving floods. Of course, it’s great when water leaves shores and goes back into its river bed, but fishing is not good. At best we catch some little fish. We can’t wait till August, we gotta go to the East. The long wanted taimen hasn’t been caught.
- Although fishing wasn’t successful, we don’t stay hungry. We’ve got full stock of food in our Sherps. They were offered to us by one of our sponsors X5 Retail Group. From pasta and grains to cookies and sweets, we have it all. That is why we’ve got breakfast, lunch and dinner – all on schedule, thanks to X5 Retail Group and its stores “Pyaterochka”, “Perekrestok” and “Karusel”.
- Scouting is a great thing! For example, yesterday a group of initiative friends, having a common passion for fishing, went up the river Moyera. What they caught there shall remain secret. However, passing by the river shore, that was wet from the recent flooding and therefore slippery, they were also looking at the surroundings. Pavel even took a run in the woods, looking around and scaring the sleeping mosquitoes and flies. As a result, we quickly found a winter road after we moved out today. It was narrow, made for snowmobiles, but thanks to some kind person who once used this road on a large track vehicle, it became good for our ATVs. That is how the scouting becomes useful.
The organizers and participants of the expedition thank their partners and sponsors:
The company Ravenol, the main technical partner
Iridium Russia, thanks to them the team will always be connected. The equipment for the data transfer was made available by the companies “Satellite mobile technologies” and “Iridium 360”
Product sponsor for the expedition – the company X5 Retail Group, managing brands “Pyaterochka”, ‘Perekrestok” and “Karusel” for the support of the idea of moving to the east
Technical partner Paptor U-Pol
Garmin Russia – for the navigation and action cameras Garmin Virb
Webasto – technical partner and sponsor of the expedition
Company “Dinakor – strength technologies” and brand Kubota
Company DJI alongside the 4vision.ru – the provider of quadcopters for the video shooting from the air
4×4 Club and brand Warn
“Medical technologies of survival” for the organization of the medical part of the expedition and the expedition’s medical kits
KB “Radar”, transport company “Promit” for the help in transportation of the cargo to the East
Informational partners of the expedition:
National Geographic Russia, Popular mechanic, Men’s Health, strana.ru, vesti.ru, Russia.travel.ru