Arriving in Vorkuta late in the evening on May 6. The team went on vacation. After spending several days in civilization, the caravan once again set out on the road. The route of the expedition passed by the mines of Vorgashorskaya, Komsomolskaya. The city is a hard worker, the city of Vorkuta miners met the team in their affectionate embraces.
- It is already late at night, the city will be acquainted with tomorrow. Therefore, the best photos and impressions after, we can assure, this will be one of the most unforgettable meetings with the north of our country.
This day, held in Vorkuta, was very busy for participants of the expedition “To the East!”. In the morning the caravan left the warm box, where there were all-terrain vehicles and went to the city center. It was the beginning of the winter holiday. On the platform, at a distance, stood an impressive scarecrow, very similar to Maslenitsa. The difference of the holiday is that now they saw off winter not in accordance with the calendar, but in fact, according to the weather conditions. Soon the tundra will open and a new life will begin, long in a short northern summer.
- ATVs lined up in front of City Hall for all to see. But before that, a meeting with the Mayor of Dolgikh, Yuri Alexandrovich, and the head of the administration, Igor Valeryevich Guriev, should be held. We were given a warm welcome, an absolutely friendly meeting took place. Even the press conference was held in a confidential, almost informal way.
And on the street at this time, the holiday was in full swing, the inhabitants of the city were playing round dances around the scarecrow, singing songs, and dancing. All-terrain vehicles are also showing interest. People actively ask, they are interested in SHERP cross-country vehicles. The children were photographed with great pleasure, at some point a live line was formed, everyone wanted to sit inside the cars.
The team spent the second half of the day working. Served the equipment, parse previously sent parcels with provisions, consumable parts.
- At all desire, to walk on Vorkuta and it was not possible. Extremely little free time. But even a brief acquaintance with the city left a very pleasant impression. Residents are friendly, always ready to help. Our friend Evgeny Nazimov met us and accompanied us around the city, arranged ATVs for warm-boxing. Conducting through the city, he talked about history, architecture, the life of citizens. Gradually imbued with respect for the city-worker, fanned by miner’s glory. Despite the economic difficulties, the city’s residents are building plans for the city’s development, believe in the future. Strongly hope that they will succeed.
Serving all-terrain vehicles and replenishing supplies, the team left the city.
- It’s late evening and we’re standing in the foothills of the Polar Urals. Behind us is the plain, ahead of the mountain. A mile from us Lake Esteto. They say it’s sacred, relic. Tomorrow we will see him. For the day passed a little, seventy-five kilometers. Half of the way fell on the snowy virgin soil. On the map, of course there is a road, but in fact there is not. Only snowmobile tracks. And they are not the only ones around, full of hare footprints, and even eared there are a lot of eared. They swarm in packs close to all-terrain vehicles, fifteen to twenty each. So we go each by their own way, people and animals, & nbsp; over the mysterious and insanely beautiful northern land.
- Today the forecast promised good weather and was almost not mistaken. The sun is shining, light clouds are running through the sky, creating a bizarre play of light and shadows on the slopes of the snow-capped mountains.
We promised to tell you about Lake Esto, but it will not work. The team slipped over it without even noticing it. On the snow cover it does not matter where the shore boundary is not visible at all.
- To see it, you have to come here in the summer. I can only quote brief information from the Internet – it consists actually of two lakes connected by a channel. One small, the second deep, over ninety meters.Interesting place.
- The climb to the pass was quite easy. In the second gear. A herd of deer has just passed before us, all the snow is trampled and everywhere there are traces of the hooves of animals. It is difficult to say whether this prevented us or, on the contrary, helped. I repeat, they rose easily, even with some disappointment, that there was no struggle.
Above, before continuing on their way, the team was engaged in filming. It took quite some time, but the result is worth it.
- Passed Post 106-th kilometer (the village of Polyarny). Once it was quite large, but now uninhabited. Now there are no less than a dozen dilapidated two-story houses-barracks ready to collapse. On the way, several plague were seen, these are the dwellings of reindeer herders. Near some of them, that stood near the road stopped, talked, got acquainted.
In the evening we stopped in a forest near a stream with the name Nirdvenshore, which is not easy for us. Above us, gray mountains leaned, a full moon hung over the saddle … directly an oil painting.
The expedition continues.
Organizers and participants of the expedition thank the partners and sponsors of the expedition:
The company Ravenol, the main technical partner
Iridium Russia, thanks to which the team will always be in touch. Data transmission equipment was provided to the company «Satellite Mobile Technologies» и «Iridium 360».
Product sponsor of the expedition company Х5 Retail group, managing brands «Pyaterochka», «Perekrestok» and «Karusel’», for supporting the idea of moving to the east.
Technical partner Raptor U-Pol
The company Garmin Russia – for navigation and action cameras Garmin Virb
Webasto – technical partner and sponsor of the expedition
The company «Dinacor – power technology» and brand Kubota
The company DJI together with 4vision.ru – Supplier kvadrokopters for organization of filming from the air!
4х4 Club and brand Warn
«Medical Rescue Technologies» for the organization of the medical component of the expedition and expeditionary first-aid kits
CB «Radar» for the dosimeters provided to the road Atom to monitor the radiation situation.
The transport company “Promit” for assistance in the delivery of goods to the east.
Information partners of the expedition:
National Geographic Russia, Popular mechanics, Men’s Health, strana.ru, vesti.ru, Russia.travel.ru